Richmond Dental Sleep Medicine
Dr. Monacell founded Richmond Dental Sleep Medicine to provide healthy treatments for patients suffering from Snoring and/or Sleep Apnea and Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD).
Dr. Monacell has been treating patients with Oral Appliances for over 35 years. He completed his orthodontic residency program at MCV/VCU in 1975. Dr. Monacell has continued to be a lifetime student and has completed advanced training in the treatment of snoring, sleep apnea, and TMJ therapy.
Dr. Monacell is a member of many professional organizations, including:
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Virginia Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
If you or someone you love have been diagnosed with TMD or with Sleep Apnea and are having difficulty utilizing CPAP, Dr. Monacell and Richmond Dental Sleep Medicine can help. Our staff is specially trained in working with Sleep Apnea and TMD patients. In addition, we have the skill and technology to design an oral appliance that fits right, is properly adjusted for maximum benefit, and causes the least amount of discomfort and inconvenience for the patient.
We provide Oral Appliance Therapy for the following conditions:
- For patients with a diagnosis of TMJ disorder (TMD)
- For patients with a primary diagnosis of snoring
- For patients with a diagnosis of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea
- For people who have failed CPAP therapy and are seeking alternative treatment options
- For people who have severe sleep apnea and cannot tolerate CPAP therapy
- For people who wish to combine CPAP with an oral appliance to reduce CPAP pressure and make it more tolerable
Richmond Dental Sleep Medicine is convenient to the Richmond, Virginia area and located in the Monacell Orthodontics office in Mechanicsville. For more information, please visit the Richmond Dental Sleep Medicine website.